Kings Arms Reopening statement
Precautions and Preparations to help reassure you our faithful customers
The Kings Arms – ‘The New Normal’ from 4th July 2020
We are looking forward to being able to open our doors on the 4th July and warmly welcoming you back to enjoy our great food and well-kept beers, wines, other beverages and accommodation. It’s been too long and we hope you have missed the Kings Arms as much as we have.
With the way things are thanks to Covid – 19, changes have had to be made and The Kings Arms like many of our fellow Pubs, Bars and Restaurants will have to work differently. We have been feverishly working away to establish the recommended safeguarding guidelines in order to make your visit to us as safe as possible. We want it to still be a relaxing and enjoyable experience and we are doing our utmost not to lose The Kings Arms special charm and cosy and welcoming feel.
So that we can ensure we are making this as safe an environment as we can for you, we will require for you, the customer, to work with us to ensure not only your safety, but also those of others coming to visit us as well.
How it will now work ‘Go Down to the Local Boozer’ for a pint or a bite to eat
- There is no longer a Bar area for standing and drinking at.
- You have to book a table to eat and or drink, this will allow us to control the crossover of people.
- We are predominately a food pub, so you will only be allotted a 1-hour slot at a table if you are only drinking. If you are only drinking you will be expected to be outside unless the weather doesn’t permit it and then we will accommodate you at a table inside. If you think you will be in for longer than an hour, then you must let us know at the time of the booking. We can then book people around your booking accordingly.
- Friday evenings will be the only exception to the rule. An area will be reserved for the Wing village Friday night drinking club. This area will be held until 7pm and if the tables are not occupied by the club by then they will be released to other customers.
Table Bookings Only (at this time)
It is going to be paramount that you strictly abide by your booked table times, to allow us to manage and control social distancing. This we will manage very strictly to control unnecessary breaching of social distancing measures. This is too ensuring we are safe guarding you, your party, those arriving before or after you and our team.
Outside table bookings will be a self-service system.
- Outside tables still must be booked.
- Please note we do only have 10 picnic styled benches. These are not to be moved. The tables will be arranged for you in accordance with your party booking number. All umbrellas are to be left alone and not removed.
- You will be given menus for the food and drinks. Then one of your party will need to come to the bar area that will be clearly marked outside Eating & Drinking. Please adhere to the social distancing measures and only 4 to queue at any one time. (we kindly ask you keep the door clear).
- You will place your food order and your drink order and pay at that point.
- You will take your drinks with you to your table and you will be given a ticket number for your food.
- The food will be brought out to the table at the kitchen door area outside, your ticket number will be called and you will come and collect your food.
- We will clear your tables and check on you regularly.
- Strictly no noise outside after 9.30pm to respect our neighbours and residential customers staying with us. Any excessive noise will not be tolerated.
Inside Table bookings
- 100% table service by one of the Kings Arms Service team.
Food Glorious Food
For dining, once you are at your table there will be plenty of time to order and enjoy a drink whilst viewing our menus. We will do our upmost to keep all our menus up to date so looking at them online before you come will help if you wish to handle as few items outside of your personal space as possible. Sometimes this is not always possible but we will endeavour to be a lot better than we have been previously. Otherwise we will have laminated menus available and these will be sanitised between users.
The menus will become one single menu from 4th July. Game dishes will still feature heavily as will seasonal ingredients and we will still be led by our ethos of nose to tail, locally sourced, no waste and slow cooked.
This is all new for everyone and we are sure there will be teething problems as this is a new pub experience for us all. Although we are doing our upmost to not make it feel that different, there is no getting away from the fact that certain aspects will have to change. Until we actually practice these new ways, we do not know if it will be a smooth experience. We kindly ask you to be patient with us and our team as there may be times when it all is a bit slow or not running as we had envisaged. This will be an organic process until we work out the best and most efficient system to make your visit the best possible and one you are used to from us. If you see any improvements or have any ideas after or whilst visiting, please share them with us. Your feedback is invaluable to make this” new normal” work.
Thank you and we cannot wait to warmly welcome you, your families and friends back and get the Kings Arms buzzing once again, serving great food and drink, creating new treasured memories together.